SBCE PRAYER UPDATE
PRAISE GOD for…
Opportunity to meet the new SRE teachers…Jarrod and Steve
NSW Government support for SRE in the past and at present
11,000 SRE teachers across NSW – 500,000 students doing SRE
PLEASE PRAY for…
200,000 students not yet offered SRE
Improved timetabling for Scripture in 2018 at Kirrawee and Gymea Technology High Schools
Christians to share about SRE benefits, blessings to friends, family, church
SUPPORT – JARROD & STEVE by coming to the…..
COFFEE & CAKE Evening on Wednesday 6th September at 7.30 pm at Soul Revival Church, 40 Flora Street, Kirrawee.
$15 Adults and $10 children.
Thank you to all Supporters of Scripture in High School (SBCE). God is at work!
We praise God and are thankful for the generous donations, for good relationships in our High Schools and our new SRE Teachers – Jarrod and Steve.
Lovely news is that
Prayer points sent to me by Jarrod McNaughton :
There are still difficulties at the school. A year wide science test happened Friday for example that took all the year 8 students without me even knowing. These things have made it hard, but there have been
SBCE have asked us to be praying for them:
- Please pray for Steve Walker as he commences this Term at Kirrawee High School teaching SRE. (Thursday & Friday)
- Continue to pray for
*Praise point class attendance and participation has been much improved!
*Prayer for the starting of the lunch group would be good.
*Wisdom for myself as I guide and mentor the students who are seeking to run it
*Students are going to officially launch the group by the end of the month and wish to invite the rest of the school.
Also pray for…
Peter Marsh (Principal of GTSS) recovering from surgery and Mel Pouvalu (Minister of GMUC) in hospital.
Praise for healthy finances at present.
Prayer & praise points from Melanie
- Praise God for his work in the yr 11 students and their initiative to approach me, pray for the instigation of a lunchtime group and all that will entail.
- Give thanks for the support I have in the TAS staffroom and from the Deputy.
- Give thanks for the various different Christian teachers who have made themselves known to me and have been encouraging and supportive
- Praise God for his goodness in how he equips and encourages especially when it’s needed.
- Praise God for the work he’s already done in softening the hearts of the school administration in their openness to have a lunchtime group and pray that he will continue to work to open more doors to have SRE run the way it should be in the school.
- Pray boldly for the salvation of the Principal and Deputy and pray that I will able to be a good witness to them both
- Pray that the students in my classes will be aware of their changing scripture timetable and will remember to check when scripture will be on and come to class on time.
- Pray for the year 8s and that they will be more settled in class.
Pray for Jenny as she teaches and helps care for her father and the family at this time of his illness.
Support Scripture in our local high schools at the SBCE Coffee & Cake Fundraiser on Tuesday 7 June from 7-9pm.
Come along to hear live music, enjoy unlimited coffee and cake and hear from inspirational speakers.
Held at Soul Revival Church, 40 Flora Street, Kirrawee – Tickets: $15/Adults, $10/Students & $35/families.
Phone 0418 643 037 for more information.
See here for more about the important work of SRE teachers: https://www.youthworks.net/sre
Once more we have The Men’s Shed Chorale performing a varied repertoire as our first SBCE fundraiser for 2016. Please reserve Sunday 13 March at 2pm for this event to be held at Sutherland Uniting Church Auditorium. Further details to come.